Sheep

Sheep

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Playing In Traffic, Sure Why Not?

I almost hate admitting this but the truth is I am really, really smart. I mean like a few standard deviations away from people that don't read my blog smart. The trouble is if you watched me live my life you would never guess that you were watching a person with any brains at all. You might think you were watching someone who's brain had been switched with the mind of a small dog. I am not saying that I wet the floor like a chihuahua when I'm excited. But otherwise my behavior is probably similar.

I remember working at a place that was always going in for the latest fads espoused by management consultant types. One of these was something called EQ or emotional intelligence. At the time I viewed it as just one more bogus way people with nothing in particular to offer manage to make a phenomenal living off of corporate America especially fat non-profit corporations. Man non-profits are so prone to these consultant led circle jerks! But I digress, the point was there may be some truth to that EQ stuff.

I am not sure I would call it emotional intelligence though, I think it's common sense. I don't have a lick of common sense. I don't feel too bad about it. I once read a biography about Sir Isaac Newton. Now Newton was so damn smart that he invented Calculus! That's F___ing! brilliant! He was also interested in light. Back then they thought light might actually eminate from the eyes. Newton was open minded about it. He did some experiments in this regard. Actually he probed his eyes with a very sharp knife! So I don't feel too bad about my lack of proportion, my dearth of pragmatism, my impulsiveness. At least haven't stuck anything sharp in my eye yet!

I suddenly feel so much better about myself, I bet could have invented counting.


Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment